Monday, February 11, 2013

Powder Room Mirror?

For those of you that own a Ryan home or are in the process of building one, how are your powder room mirror's hung?  The Mozart model home has it hung with 4 brackets that hugs it tight to the wall, but they installed ours with one hook towards the top of the mirror, much like you would hang a picture frame on the wall.  It swings from side to side when touched which seems rather sketchy.  PLUS when that happens, it scratches up the wall!

How did they install yours?

6 comments:

  1. Ours is hung with one bracket like yours. Our mirror almost ended up on the floor the dirt time I cleaned it because I was not expecting it to swing all over the place like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I feel better that we are not the only ones to have it done this way! Seems like using the 4 brackets is just a small expense that they would just do it, you know?

      Delete
  2. Ours isn't in yet, but our two other mirrors in the bathrooms are hung by the four brackets. Ill have to look and let you know when ours is in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of our other mirros have the brackets like I am used to seeing. Our PM got back to me and said that its the new model and that is the way they are installed and that its more stable. I'm calling BS on the more stable part! I plan to replace it with something else later on down the road.

      Delete
    2. Our mirror isn't up yet but when we stopped by yesterday, the hook was in the wall for it to get hung just like you said! Ill be replacing mine as well!

      Delete
  3. Is t this wacky!!!?? I went to clean the mirror and thought the cheap mirror was going to fly into the wall!! Lol I plan to change it out as soon as I find the mirror I need so I decided not to put it on our 30 day list!! This way I won't have any extra holes in the wall.

    ReplyDelete