Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Locked up tight.

Well it's official.  We have been locked out of our house.  Maybe this is Adam's way of saying "leave me alone with all of your crazy emails about stuff you see."  I even tried getting through the first floor window, but it was locked too.  I'm pretty sure we can still get in during regular business hours though.  Everything was closed yesterday, so it was a wasted trip.  I did get cheap gas though, so that was nice.

Little does Adam know, I have held ALOT back.  If I were to really list damage that I see or things that look or work weird I would have at least a page to give him.  At the same time though, I know this is just a part of the process and I am confident he will fix all those little things I don't mention.  I'm glad we have such an excellent PM.

I only mention to him the things that seem as though they would take more than a normal amount of time to fix.  Like for example, one of our windows won't stay in its tracks and I feel like a professional would need to come out and repair or replace it.  I would think getting the window guy out to fix it might take some time, and I surely don't want a window to hold up closing! 

Mike and I both agreed that we won't close unless the major stuff from our punch list is completed.  We have read horror stories of stuff taking a year or more after closing to resolve and we don't want to have the same issue.  Of course it might not even be our decision to make, but we do plan on mentioning it at our walk through at the end of the month.

So fingers crossed there are no more major issues...

7 comments:

  1. There would be pages of stuff if we listed every little thing that we think needs to be touched up even with us being just a week from our final walkthrough, but I'm sure our PM will take care of it all so we only mention the big stuff that really concerns us. Luckily there haven't been many big problems.

    We got locked out pretty early compared to some of the other bloggers but we were always able to get the key when someone was at the model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't had many big problems either, except for the one window. Fingers crossed it stays that way for all of us!

      Delete
  2. I hope we don't end up with a long list!! I like to see every detail handled with perfection and my husband is alittle more modest.
    But it's worth it to state your concerns because it means that you are settling for less than what you paid for and I believe we get to address all of our concerns. Fingers crossed there are no more issues!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadase I'm sure you'll be fine. It sounds like you have an awesome PM too.

      Delete
  3. Try this => http://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-Door-with-a-Credit-Card
    It's how I got into my house.. that and a garage door that opened to 1234 =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dont get me wrong, i can pick a lock, but im pretty sure id have some freaked out neighbors if i did that. I dont even think we have a garage door opener yet, so next time ill try that.

      Delete
  4. Hi Cami, love your blog! My husband and I are beginning the process of building a Strauss townhome in Fredericksburg, so we are kind of close to you! It has been exciting and informative reading all of your posts, especially since there are not that many townhouse blogs out there. I can't wait to get started with ours! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete