Monday, February 25, 2013

Wow, we've been busy!

We had Verizon and the Lowe's blinds installer in on Friday, painted just ONE room (with the help of my mom) and moved on Saturday!  Our new home is a MESS, but its still OURS!!

We still have a few things at the old place, but at least the movers got most of it for us.  We used My Truck Buddy.  They are awesome.  We also used them last year to move into the apartment.  They are affordable, quick and polite.  If you are in the market for a moving company, they are your guys!  The only thing they don't do, is back your boxes.  TOTALLY worth it though!

My mom rolled up to the house right as the movers were arriving with our stuff on Saturday and once they unloaded everything, she blew through the kitchen and unpacked all of our boxes!  It was such a big help.  I wonder if I can get her to come back and do the rest of the house? :P

I think once we get settled in, it will begin feeling more like a home.  We still have tons of painting to do because on Friday, the paint fumes and dust in the new house made me sick.  Did you know that paint fumes can give you bronchitis? YEP it CAN! Its not contagious or anything, but still very inconvenient.  So it will be a slow process for us, but I am determined to get it all done!

Once the house is in better shape, I will take some photos.

In the mean time, here is one of the messy living room with one of the rugs we bought during black Friday.  Don't mind the TV on the floor.  We are in the process of remedying that now!


11 comments:

  1. Glad your movers worked well for you and you are starting to settle in. Have fun setting up your new home!

    Pretty couch and rug =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you shared pictures of your progress! It's nice to see folks once they move into their new homes. Your rug is pretty! I just saw it the other day and the colors they come in are awesome! Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rug! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at www.rugsusa.com during their 75% off black friday sale.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous rug! Looks like you'll be settled in real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have to tell you, we moved in by 3 PM yesterday and by midnight, I was so congested, had a sore throat, sneezing, etc! I remembered reading this post about you getting sick and had to tell you it happened to me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am attributing my illness to the stress of worrying about closing on time combined with the drywall dust at the new house. It got really bad for me. Hang in there and don't be afraid to go to the Doctor's. Mine turned into an infections that needed antibiotics and I was also running a low grade fever!

      Delete