Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Not Closing on the 15th

I'm so angry.  So much so that I might cry.  Of course my job throws a wrench in things by making it pretty impossible to close after that date, so I guess that's on me.

The part that makes it 10 times worse is that I have been given the run around for several weeks now.  I think that if they (NVR & Ryan) were 100% realistic with me to begin with this might be a little easier to stomach. Their lack of communication between the different offices does not help much either.  It could just be because I am still very upset right now, but I feel like its going to be quite a stretch to give them high marks on that survey of theirs.  I feel so beaten and bruised and a little shell shocked.  I know that buying a home is stressful and building one just makes it more stressful, but I don't think its supposed to be THIS BAD.

One thing is certain though.  We will never do this again.




5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! =(

    Did they give you an indication of a new closing date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were unwilling to tell me when we would actually be closing. I feel like our LO sort of hinted at the following week, but she didn't say that specifically. It all depends on when the appraisal comes in.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry. We are still waiting on our new appraisal, too. I'm hopeful it will be this week, but I know if it isn't we won't be closing on the 15th either. I can feel your pain, but it has been crazy how they've been giving you the run-around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really weird. This morning they were reluctant to give me any additional info but were sure that if the appraisal takes as long as Friday we won't be closing on the 15th. This afternoon I managed to get my LO to tell me that if the appraisal comes in today then the 15th would be possible. So hopefully, both of our appraisals will come in today and we can close on the 15th!! Fingers crossed for both of us!

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed Cami! I know this waiting all to well!! Hang in there! You don't have much longer to wait just be happy you are going to closing!! Someone in our neighborhood lost their home and it has a for sale sign on the lawn.

    ReplyDelete