Sunday, January 27, 2013

Upcoming Pre Settlement Demonstration

And there are so many worries going through my head.

For one, as the days go by, I become more and more upset about the height of the listello in our shower.  As many  times as I have seen it in other Ryan Home's bathrooms, I KNOW it is not supposed to be that low.  I should have said something about it when I saw it and now I'm sure we are stuck with it.  It simply looks like shoddy work.  THANKS TAC TILE.

I've heard horror stories of it taking MONTHS for Ryan to fix items on the punch list, when really they should be fixed before closing.  Although I am sure it happens less than most of the time. But I still so desperately want to go visit today and "blue tape" everything I see.  It will give them more time to fix everything we see.  I don't want to close until 99% of our punch list is done.  Is this asking too much?  This will also allow Mike and I to enjoy our walk through on Wednesday.  Mike says we aren't allowed to go.  He is making me stick to my original plan. BOO!

Sorry for the rant, I really dislike posting negative things, but I had to get it off my chest.




6 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well for you in the next few days. I can't imagine how stressed you are! I probably won't sleep when I'm at that point in our building process. I completely agree about the blue tape and the list. I think you should mark everything and not close until they address the issues. I don't like posting the negatives either but sometimes you just gotta vent and rant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy. Hopefully by blogging about my mistakes it will help prevent others from doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cami, after your blog I went through you pics to find the pic of the listello. At first glance the listello looks like its in the correct place but when I look at the shower head its really high up?? Is the shower head up too high or tile too low? Look at my seamless shower pics to compare listellos...

    dwtimes2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yes the shower heads are really high, but it was a special request. My husband is a giant and without the higher shower heads the water would have been hitting the back of his neck.. In every house I've ever lived in, the listello was always one more tile higher than it is. The Ryan model even has it right!

      Im pretty sure our master's listello is too low too but it doesnt bother me as much as the guest bath.

      Delete
  4. Like dwtimes mentioned... the shower heads look really high in your shower. Is it possible that the higher shower heads are just throwing it off a bit? Your listello looks to be about the same height as mine, but my shower head is lower.

    I know EXACTLY what you mean about wanting to go blue tape the house now! I really, really wanted to do that too and even bought a roll of blue tape... but I didn't use it. We marked up quite a bit of drywall/paint stuff during our walk-through and then a couple of other things and it was all taken care of by the time we closed. I think one of our cabinet drawers still needs to be adjusted a bit... and I think we are just going to have to fix some of the drywall/paint stuff ourselves because it seems like the more they tried to fix it the worse it looked. Luckily, we've got some drywall people in the family so it's not a big deal for us to fix it. Anyway, our punch list was taken care of before closing so hopefully yours will be too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my comment to DW above about the shower :-)

      I bought a roll of tape too, but never used it!

      I feel better hearing that they fixed you punch list M. Hopefully they are quick to fix ours too!

      Delete