Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I guess it's only fitting that our one year anniversary gets a visit from Hurricane Sandy.  I mean naturally since we had a snowstorm on our wedding day it only makes sense that this year we should experience a hurricane right?  Really though my only concern is the house and whether they will be able to do the pipe work and pour the slab next week.  I suspect they will be able to lay the pipe AFTER the hurricane but I don't think they will be able to pour concrete until the following week.  But who knows, I'm no professional so its not like I know what the crew is capable of doing after so much rain has fallen.  I guess we will just have to wait and see what they do. 

I am a little disappointed in the Farmer's Almanac.  In their post about next week they only say the weather is unsettled. Ya think?! Thanks Farmer's Almanac.

Anyway, we did get an email from our PM about the progress this week.  He said that they hope to finish the footers today and set up the walls on Friday.  I don't know what "set up the walls" means.  I think it means when they put the forms in so they can pour the slab, but I'm not sure.  And if that is the case, I don't know if that will actually happen now that Sandy has decided to grace us with her presence.

Other than that, we are still waiting to hear back about our loan.  Our loan processor Chrissy said she expects us to know by next week, so fingers crossed that actually happens.  I know that I am expecting to be off at least one day next week because the building I work in is known for losing power in bad storms, but I surely hope NVR doesn't have the same problem, otherwise that will probably push back the time frame on making a decision right?

Mike and I are visiting our home site on Saturday and plan to take a few pictures to document the process.  I will post them this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment